Photo of the entrance doors of 10 Court Street where the Public Defender Office is located

10 Court Street, Delaware

Our Mission:

The Delaware County Public Defender’s Office is committed to the pursuit of justice by aggressively advocating for the constitutional rights and inherent dignity of individuals who are accused or convicted of crimes and cannot afford to pay for a lawyer.

The Office will advance the rights of all individuals by developing innovative approaches in our representation that promote beneficial change to the justice system and by serving as a valuable resource to the larger community.

John R. Cornely, Delaware County Public Defender


(740) 833-2780


(740) 833-2779


10 Court Street
Delaware, Ohio  43015